This is our favorite French Toast! >> Watch << when dad taught us how to make it...it was a fun experience (and hilarious).
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices challah, brioche, or white bread
- 4 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, warmed
Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and set aside briefly
- Whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into a shallow baking disk. We use a glass pyrex dish.
- Preheat a skillet.
- Melt butter or coconut oil over medium heat.
- Dip bread in egg mixture and coat on both sides.
- Fry slices until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with syrup.
This recipe was originally published by Food Network.