These are our favorite Vanilla Cupcakes! >> Watch << when dad tried to teach us how to make them and we decorated them with Skye and Ryder.
- 1-2/3 cup all-purpose flour 213g (best if weighed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g (best if weighed)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 egg whites room temperature
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, warm
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- Combine flour, sugar salt, baking soda and powder into a large bowl, and whisk together.
- Separate the eggs.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until combined. (The batter may be clumpy, do not worry!)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Distribute the batter evenly into cupcake liners, filling each liner about 2/3 the way up. Wipe up any spills on the muffin pan.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until centers are springy to the touch. Do not over bake.
- Decorate with your favorite vanilla buttercream or toppings
This recipe was originally published by Preppy Kitchen.